18/03/2011

Finished Mock Up and Flat Prints...















Velvet Liaison Lives!

This is the final magazine in mock up form, I really enjoyed this project and especially the production process. I have learnt so many new techniques such as flocking and laser cutting. I have also refined my skills in screen printing as well as traditional design practices in layout, format, typographic design, information graphics, copy writing and editing. I am thrilled with the final outcome and I am really looking forward to photographing the mock up for my portfolio. I do feel that some further development will be needed before I can do this however. I would like to reprint the black swan covering page on a gloss based paper to give it extra presence within the overall magazine. The illustration for the Alice in Wonderland covering page also needs more work, I may even completely rework this spread as I feel it is the weakest with regards to quality of output. I have also got concepts lined up for all the other spreads laid out on the contents page and would like to spend some time developing these as to put more work into my portfolio. I visited the D&ad portfolio surgery in February and I was given some extremely helpful advise on how to maximise the work in my portfolio, this advise was particularly geared towards developing full alphabets of my many custom designed typefaces that feature in a lot of my work. From this most recent project I would also like to develop some of the custom typography I have used into full alphabets. All of this can only help me in my professional development and this project in particular has really helped me to get creative and find inspiration in new and exciting places.

No comments:

Post a Comment