27/01/2011

My Big Fat Editorial Adventure

The last 21 posts form the basis of my research for my current editorial project. The publications I have looked at are to inspire me whilst I try to find an experimental aesthetic to represent the content I am going to be exploring throughout this module. Each magazine I have researched has an element of the niche innovation whether in aesthetic, content or both. They have inspired me to push my concepts further than I thought I could and have therefore really helped me to realise the potential in my ideas and how they answer the design problem lain out in the brief. The research I had undertook previous to this, in the form of the main film magazines in circulation; Empire, Total Film and Sight & Sound helped me identify a niche in film orientated publications but did little to inspire me aesthetically. I loved immersing myself in this level of creativity in print format and relished the chance to spend time looking at all the experimental formats both past and present. I am now going to be moving into the development stages of this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment