11/11/2010

Brief Extension 2 - Ticket Design - Ideas and Development








For the second extension of the brief we were to design tickets for our chosen event. These were to be of a similar concept to our posters to create a sense of brand continuity and recognition from our target audience. As my designs above show I looked at two completely different ways of representing the event in ticket form and the different ways I looked at of laying them out using elements from work I had already completed for the event. What I really wanted to maintain was a sense of vintage kitch I had explored in my research previously and also a strong connection to my original poster concept. This, I decided after doing some on screen development work, was best represented in the old style cinema ticket concept seen in many different ways above. The cupcake shape concept was really fun but with regards to practical industry production would have been very expensive to mass produce. However, I felt that just the simple 'cinema' ticket design was not enough and felt that the event was very likely to want to give its attendees something a little bit different so I created the apron shape you see at the top of this post. This idea could also be used to house not only the tickets purchased but also an information booklet on the event, but more importantly could be a precious keepsake for the attendees of the event which is something I feel the 'client' could be really open to (obviously depending on the cost!) This idea is shown here in its early stages of development but I feel it could be a real possibility in the body of work I am producing.

No comments:

Post a Comment