11/11/2010

Brief Extension 1 - Digital Poster


The first extension of the event designs brief was to create a digital version of our poster designs. This was to be done in any manner we saw fit - we could use our original concepts in a digital way, go back to one of our aborted designs ir create a brand new concept and produce it digitally. We were allowed to still use hand rendered elements that we already had but the basis for this brief extension was to show us the difference in printing costs and production. We were to approach this brief as if the client had loved our screen printed designs but wanted something that could be mass produced, using full CMYK, no use of live trace and in a maximum of three colours.
I really wanted to keep the same concept as I felt it could form part of my portfolio alongside my screen printed hand rendered version successfully, showing the possibilities of my design with regards to industry requirements. Instead of simply using the scanned in elements of my hand rendered designs I decided to tidy up the entire design my using digital type and pen tooled illustration. I really like the over all effect and i think the digital version is just as successful as the original screen printed design.
This brief extension showed me that as a designer I must be willing and ready at all times to change tac at the request of the client and to always remember to keep my designs as versatile as possible to get the best results no matter what is thrown at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment