08/12/2010

1st Double Page Spread Development










These screenshots show the development of the first of my double page spreads for the 5-a-day project I have been working on. I really wanted to carry on the theme from the cover onto this spread and use a different concept for the second DPS advertisement to create a definition for the issue and differentiate between a legitimate article and an advert. This concept was to be kept as simple as possible with a simple three column layout maintained to mirror the simple layout of the magazine I am using as a sample for this entire project. The typographic treatment needed to be simple and easy to read for both adults and children, I therefor chose a sans serif typeface and paid particular attention to the colour choice. Here these screen shots show the the different colours I tried whilst developing the layout of this piece. I wanted to try and stay with a primary colour as this has been proven to help children maintain maximum retention when reading (or so I have been told by a teacher friend).


No comments:

Post a Comment