06/12/2010

Cover Development









These screen shots show a selection of my development work for the cover development for the 5 a day brief I am working on at the moment. Once I got over the hurdle of producing the imagery for this concept it allowed me to move onto my favourite part of editorial design, creating my layout and finally seeing my work come together on screen. I did a lot of variations before I decided on the final layout, but I wanted to stick to the format of the original publication as much as possible so I chose a three column structure but using a modular basis for the article titles to encompass the main feature of the design (the food issue) to draw the eye to the magazine issues main focus. I think I achieved this successfully and i was really happy with the final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment